In The future of wireframes, Isaac Pinnock writes about where the wireframe is heading. Some of the possible directions include:
- Shortening of the lifespan of a wireframe
- Widening of the audience being able to contribute to wireframing
- Object-orientation and component approach, making adjustments easier to manage
- More visual than functional
- More exploratory
- Widening of the possible spectrum of wireframing tools (supporting wider ranges of fidelity)
I think I agree with most points. What I am trying to do with fluidIA is to tackle the problem of the shortening wireframe lifespan by means of making changes a great deal more easy to accomplish (through object orientation).